Saturday, December 18, 2010

chubby chaser

Adam and Eve
Fernando Botero, a very famous Colombian figurative artist- one of my personal favorite artists, known for his paintings and sculptures of "proportionately exaggerated" figures a.k.a chubby/fat figures.  I had actually first seen his artwork in New York's, Time Warner Center last summer, 2010- more unnoticed than noticed, but I recently came across his work online and realized that I had seen them in the past.  Call me a chubby chaser haha but something about Botero's art makes me laugh, think, appreciate and feel something for abstract art. They're just so cute and funny, not to mention that there is a lot of meaning behind every piece, expressions towards politics, family, maternity, etc.  Here are some of the fat figures...
Botero Sculpture in Medellin, Colombia
Man on Horse

Mona Lisa Monalisa

No comments:

Post a Comment